Thursday, July 12, 2012

Survival of the Fittest

Shannon and I were talking about this earlier while we were in the older kids' room…it truly is survival of the fittest at the orphanage a lot of time; not all of the time and with all of them, but a lot of the time it is. There are about 15-17 of them and they all have to fight for the attention, nothing stands in their way, including each other.

It's so sad to see how a lot of them act toward each other and toward us.

They hit.

They slap.

They are bruised and cut and scraped.

And they just laugh at it if they hurt one another.

I know they just want attention, but it breaks my heart how they think they have to act.

I respect the nannies so, so much.

Obviously I could sit there and think about so many things I could fix and change to make it better for the kids, but they already have so much to put up with.

I do wish they would at least try to teach them that they don't need to hit and fight but I guess the kids need to in their minds to get the attention that they so desperately want.

When 11:30 comes around we are all just so exhausted and tired and ready to leave.

We just need a break.

We're exhausted and tired.

But the nannies don't get a break. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, we all LOVE the kids so much, but it is truly exhausting to be in charge of so many hyper kids for 3 ½ hours.

My respect for the nannies increases more and more everyday.

With that being said, the break in the middle of our day is a great way for us to settle down and then we get to spend time with the babies in the afternoon. Our day is always enjoyable and something new happens everyday. It's always an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment