Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home

No, I'm not home yet…but I kind of wish I was.

 

I miss my family.

 

I miss my friends.

 

I miss my bed.

 

I miss familiar things.

 

I miss American food…especially Chick Fil A.

 

But I feel so guilty for missing these things.

 

These kids don't have a family.

 

They don't have a mom or a dad or a soft bed to sleep in at night.

 

They only have each other and the nannies (which are amazing but it obviously just isn't the same).

 

Their crazy survival of the fittest…or meanest…is what they are familiar with and is all they know.

 

So yeah, I miss home lots but I know when I'm home I'll miss these kids even more.

 

I long and wish and pray that one day they will all have forever families…

 

But until then I will cherish the days I have with them and be one of the closest things they have to a family.

 

So when it comes down to it, home is great and I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it…but I truly feel guilty because I am so incredibly blessed.

 

Please pray for us as we are now over half way through our trip and only have 3 more days with the kids.

 

Also please continue to pray for Amy that she will feel better. She wasn't feeling well the past 2 days so pray that she fully recovers & please pray that the rest of us stay healthy and safe as well.

 

We are going to a Chinese church this morning with Li You. She volunteered to take us to it even thought she has never been before. Please pray that it goes well…I don't know if we'll understand anything because it will probably be in Chinese but it will definitely be fascinating to see & maybe it will open some doors for us to talk more to the nannies.

 

Will update later and let you know how our day went and try to post a few pictures! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment