Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Not-So-Giggly John

This afternoon we headed to the orphanage and went upstairs to the baby play room.

I got a pleasant surprise when I saw John in there since he usually isn’t in that room anymore. Well at least I thought it was pleasant until Amy told me that he had been crying.

It breaks my heart to see him sad and teary eyed & I kind of just wanted to cry with him.

I ended up walking around and rocking him for a while until he calmed down a little bit.

He was so cranky and sleepy but he just kept fighting his tiredness and would cry if I ever put him down.

Later on he walked a little with my help and even let out a few smiles, but it was very brief and the tears came not long after.

Oh, how it breaks my heart to see him like that. He has gotten so intolerant to pain and I get so scared that he’s going to hurt himself and not do anything about it even if it hurts. He has gotten so good at soothing himself and I just hope and pray that one day he may have a family to love on him like he truly deserves.

Until then, I will love on him as much as I possibly can.

My goal is for him to be walking much more by the time I leave…and hopefully I will succeed.

He truly is a very smart kid and I know he has a lot of potential.

Please continue to pray for John as well as all of the other children.

I love them all so much and my heart breaks for them and how most of them have grown up and how they are living now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment