Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm Not Ready to Say Goodbye

I'm just not ready to leave Chenzhou tomorrow.

 

It's hard to believe that I will have to have all my goodbyes said in less than 24 hours.

 

I don't want to do it.

 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to the crazy driving in Chenzhou and the experiences we have simply trying to cross the street.

 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to the hard bed that I have slept on for the past week…well that is except for the 2 nights I slept on the floor in Megan and Charlie's room.

 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to the steamed bread at every meal.

 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to our guide, Fawn.

 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to my team in just a few short days.

 

And most importantly, I'm not ready to say goodbye to the nannies and kids…AT ALL.

 

I want to take a quick vacation back in America for 2 weeks and then transport myself back to Chenzhou.

 

I have grown to love these kids so much over the past 3 years and I can't believe that it is time for another goodbye tomorrow.

 

I am going to miss every single one of them dearly.

 

But I am especially going to miss…

            

            Li You,

            

            Mr. Ren,

            

            Ms. Wang,

 

            Liz (one of the baby nannies),

 

            Ray's sweet kisses,

 

            John's giggles,

 

            Emmy's sweet smiles (she just came the night before last…I will write more later             about her, too tired now),

 

            Xing Xing's laughs as she bounces on her horse,

 

            Collin's hugs…

 

Ok, I could go on and on, I am going to miss every single one of them.

 

Tomorrow is going to be tough.

 

Today was tough just thinking about it.

 

I'm glad we at least get to have a party with them tomorrow from 3-4 and we have some songs for them & they have some for us.

 

That will be exciting and hopefully cheer us up a little bit.

 

Regardless, tomorrow will have lots of tears, I'm sure…but hopefully it's just a temporary goodbye and more of a see you later.

 

I am going to start saving money now for next year, because I truly can't imagine not coming back to see them again.

 

Please pray for us tomorrow as we say goodbye to some amazing kids and nannies that we have all grown to love so much.

 

xoxo,

Lys

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment